The Perth and Kinross Fire Brigade came into operation on the 16th May, 1948 under the Fire Services Act, 1947 covering the joint county of Perth and Kinross, and the burgh of Perth. The Brigade continued until Regionalisation on 16th May, 1975 when part of it went into the Central Region Fire Brigade and the remainder into Tayside Fire Brigade.
1948 to 1974
King Edward Street, PERTH.
1974 to 1975 401 High Street, PERTH
1948 to 1975 Firemaster A. Masson M.B.E. O.B.E. QFSM MIFireE
|Coupar Angus||RT||Coupar Angus||RT|
|Kinloch Rannoch||Vol.||Kinloch Rannoch||Vol.|
|Unit formed 1960||Lochearnhead||Vol.|
|Aberfeldy||13th to open||14/5/1969|
|Alyth||14th to open||21/7/1971|
The site known as "Alt Vingan" would be suitable, enter negotiations to purchase.
Negotiate with Police for surplus ground at new Police Station opposite County Buildings.
36. Volunteer Units.
It was reported by the Firemaster and noted that a new Volunteer Unit had been started at Lochearnhead and that new sheds for the storage of appliances had been provided at Kinloch Rannoch and Kirkmichael
(Perth and Kinross Joint Fire Committee Meeting 30/10/1960)
In 1973 the Establishment of Retained Officers in
Charge was 4 Station Officers and 11 Sub Officers.
(Perth and Kinross Joint Fire Committee Minutes)
MAIN INDEX 1948 INDEX