R50 INSCH

1 Pump Retained.

 

Stations

 

2000                                         High Street, INSCH.                        Photo

 

Firemasters

 

? to 31/3/1987                             Sub Officer S. Davidson (there 1981)

Appliances

1980

VAV497

Dennis F26/Dennis

WrT

1990

MSA978P

Ford D1114/HCBA

WrL

1992

F429GSA

Dodge G13c/Mountain Range

WrL

2001 SV51CEU MAN L2000-220/Emergency One C WrL
2011 T197ASE Scania 94D-220/Emergency One WrL
2017 SV09BPK Scania P230/Emergency One CP31 (10 man cab) RP

 

 

Brigades

? to 1941

?

1941 to 1948

National Fire Service

1948 to 1975

North Eastern Fire Brigade

1975 to 2003

Grampian Fire Brigade

2003 to Grampian Fire and Rescue Service (name change only)
   

 

 

Notes

 

 

The North Eastern Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948

  Equipment Retained
  1 Towing Unit towing Light Pump 1 Leading Fireman

 

 

9 Firemen

 

The North Eastern Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1952

  Equipment Retained
  1 Pump Appliance 2 Leading Firemen
    8 Firemen

 

Arbuthnott Award Inch.

Prior to the formation of the National Fire Service, Insch Fire Brigade consisted of local volunteers who were under the control of Insch and Rothney Town Council. With the arrival of the war years, Insch became a part of the National Fire Service, before eventually becoming retained Station N.E.14, as part of the North Eastern Fire Area Joint Board which was created by the return to local authority responsibility at the end of hostilities. Upon local government reorganisation in 1975, Insch became part of the Grampian Fire Brigade.
A large part of the history connected with Station 67 is their success in the Arbuthnott Shield a trophy donated to the Brigade by Viscount Arbuthnott to determine the most efficient retained station on an annual basis.
During the awards existance, Insch have won the award on not less than five occasions, 1969, 1975, 1976, 1981 and 1983. More than anything, it is a team effort which contributes to the winning of the Arbuthnott Shield with this in mind, the following members of Insch Fire Station are to be congratulated:
Sub Officer Davidson, Leading Fireman Stephen, Firemen Charles, Anderson, Simpson, Dryburgh, Stronach and Sutherland.
<PHOTO> Insch 1983 Arbuthnott Shield Winners (Crew in front of appliance with trophies).
<PHOTO> The photograph shows Firemaster Thomas Bond presenting the Shield to sub officer s. Davidson, at the insch station dinner and dance which was held in the Commercial hotel, insch on the 9th December, 1983.
(Northern Light Edition No. 11. Page 30.)

Insch had a call sign of 67 in Grampian Fire and Rescue Service, this was changed to R50, the new National Call Sign, when the Control at Mounthooly closed on 8/11/2016.

 

 

If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.

 

 

MAIN INDEX                         1975 INDEX                         GRAMPIAN INDEX