R52 STRATHDON

1 Pump Retained.

 

Stations

1957/58

?

1960?

Bellabeg, STRATHDON.                                    Photo

   

 

Firemasters

 

1963? to 31/12/1983 Sub Officer L. M. Elrick (Sub in 1982) (Was Sub for 20 years)

1991

Sub Officer F. J. Anderson (there in 1988)

 

Appliances

  NAV578 Karrier Gamecock/Carmichael WrT

1980

EAV659D

Commer/Carmichael

WrT

1990

OSA366R

Ford D1114/HCB Angus

WrL

1998

C95RSA

Dodge G13/Mountain Range

WrL

2001 F430GSA Dodge G13c/Mountain Range WrL
2003 SV03CWL MAN 14-225 4x4/Emergency One WrT

 

 

Brigades

1957/58 to 1975

North Eastern Fire Brigade

1975 to 2003

Grampian Fire Brigade

2003 to Grampian Fire and Rescue Service (name change only)
   

 

Notes

 

1957/58 Volunteer Unit now established Volunteer Leading Fireman and 9 Volunteer Firemen

1961 Unit upgraded to Retrained Status?

Strathdon Station 40 formed in 1958/59

A new station was built in 1960

Strathdon had a call sign of 87 in Grampian Fire and Rescue Service, this was changed to R52, the new National Call Sign, when the Control at Mounthooly closed on 8/11/2016.

 

RETIRAL
THIRTY YEARS OF FIGHTING FIRES IN
STRATHDON

A presentation was made to Sub Officer Lawrence Elrick to mark his retiral from Grampian Fire Brigade after 30 years service. Mr. Elrick joined as a volunteer in 1953 when the Strathdon unit was formed. It was established following several serious fires in the area and at first consisted of a standard trailer pump supplied by the Brigade. The shooting brake which pulled the trailer and other equipment came from the Hon. Mrs. Thesiger.
The unit was taken over by the North Eastern Fire Brigade in 1959 and two years later Mr. Elrick was retained as a part-time fireman. Over the next few years he was promoted in charge of the volunteer and then the retained firemen and has been Sub-Officer for the past 20 years.
Mr. Elrick, who was a Royal Marine Commando, works as a lorry driver with Grampian Regional Council and also drives the Strathdon Ambulance.
During his spare time Mr. Elrick, who is married with two married daughters, is a piper in the Lonach Pipe Band and is also a keen gardener.
The presentation of a plaque and carriage clock at the Colquhonnie Hotel, was made by Grampian Firemaster Thomas Bond.
It only remains for us to say thank you to Mr. Elrick for what he has done for the Fire Service, the community and his fellow firemen during his service at Strathdon.
The photograph shows left to right Divisional Officer Napier, Sub Officer Elrick, Firemaster T. Bond, and Leading Fireman Cheyne.
(Northern Light Edition No. 11. Page 36.)

 

 

 

If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.

 

MAIN INDEX                         1975 INDEX                     GRAMPIAN INDEX