2 Pump Retained plus Training School.
? to 1976 Shore Road (down at harbour)
1976 Academy Road, INVERGORDON. IV18 0LB. Photo
|? to 1976||Sub Officer Ronald Palmer|
|1976 to||Station Officer Ronald Palmer|
|?||Station Officer Andy Anderson|
|2000||Station Officer Ian Mackay|
|2006 to 2010||Station Officer Dennis Macfadden|
|2010 ?||Watch Manager ?|
|2011 Jan 26||SY60BJV||R121RST||L87RTP|
|NST449J||Dennis F108/Dennis||WrL Training School|
|VST188L||Dodge K1113/HCB Angus||WrL Training School|
|GST908N||Dodge K1113/HCB Angus||WrL|
|MST311R||Dodge Hi-Line/CFE||WrL Training School|
|A706RAS||Dodge G13c/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|C833RNP||Dodge G13c/Carmichael/HIFB||WrL Training School|
|J369FAS||Mercedes 1124/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|L87RTP||Volvo FL6-14/HCB Angus||WrL|
|L317SAS||Mercedes 1124/Carmichael||WrL Training School|
|R121RST||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|R339RSA||Scania 94D-220/Emergency One||WrL Training School ex-Grampian|
|V557JST||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|V559JST||Dennis Sabre ML/HIFB||WrL|
|SY60BJV||Volvo FLL290/PGF/Emergency One||WrL|
|1921? to 1941||Invergordon Fire Brigade|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||Northern Area Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 1983||Northern Fire Brigade|
|1983 to 2005||Highland and Islands Fire Brigade|
|2005 to||Highlands and Islands Fire and Rescue Service|
The Northern Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948
|1 Towing Vehicle||1 Leading Fireman|
|1 Large Trailer Pump||5 Firemen|
The old station in Shore Road was a 1 pump station and the new station built in Academy Road was a 2 pump station. It was originally built as a Day Manning station for the expected oil related industries, but these never materialised. District offices were stationed here and they took over the left side of the building then the Training School was put here taking over the buildings to the rear.
With the new brigade structure introduced in the summer of 2003 the 3 Divisions were re-organised into 2 Commands North and South, Invergordon was put into North Command. Call signs remained the same.
Invergordon had a call sign of B3 in The Highlands and Islands Fire and Rescue Service, this was changed to S30, the new National Call Sign, when the Control at Inverness closed on 6/12/2016 and moved to Dundee.
INVERGORDON TOWN COUNCIL
FIRE BRIGADE FOR THE BURGH
At the usual monthly meeting of
Invergordon Town Council it was decided to form a Fire Brigade in connection
with the burgh, and the necessary arrangements with a view to carrying out this
decision will be carried out at once.
(Highland News, Saturday, April 9, 1921. Page 8)
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
Invergordon Fire Station WEB site
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX HIGHLAND & ISLANDS INDEX