2 Pump Retained.
|15/12/1964||Glaisnock Street, Cumnock, KA19 1JX Photo|
|1960 to 1966||Station Officer Bill Woods|
|1966 to 1980||Station Officer Archie Givens|
|1980 to 5/6/1998||Station Officer J Lees|
|4/9/1998 to 18/6/2001||Station Officer Sam Wilson|
|14/9/2001 to 31/3/2006||Station Officer Jim Smith|
|2006 to June 2009||Temp Watch Commander Alex Rattray|
|June 2009 to 2012?||Watch Commander Alex Rattray|
|2012? to 2015?||Watch Commanders McKay and Coughtrie|
|2015? to||Watch Manager McKay|
WC Alex Rattray has reverted to Firefighter and two wholetime WCs are sharing the job. Watch Manager Coughtrie was promoted to a Station Manager around 2015 and had to give up the Retained WM)
|1940||ACS187||Bedford Limosine/Coventry Climax||SP|
|SAG273J||Bedford TKEL/HCB Angus||WrL|
|XCS242K||Bedford TKEL/HCB Angus||WrT|
|CGE592S||Bedford KD/HCB Angus (Midi)||WrL|
|FGA135T||Dodge K1113/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|FGA139T||Dodge K1113/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|D193PGD||Scania G82M/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|D194PGD||Scania G82M/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|G792NGD||Volvo FL6-17/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|G794NGD||Volvo FL6-17/Fulton and Wylie||WrL|
|K669OSU||Volvo FL6-18/Emergency One||WrL|
|L717UGA||Scania 93M-210/Emergency One||WrL|
|P941SGE||Scania 93M-220/Emergency One||RPL (retro fit)|
|SG02UKW||Scania 94D-260/Emergency One||RPL|
|SF04YEY||MAN LE10-225F 4x4/Emergency One||VSU|
|????||Cumnock Fire Brigade?|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||South Western Area Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 2005||Strathclyde Fire Brigade|
|8/6/2005 to31/3/2013||Strathclyde Fire and Rescue (Name change only.)|
|1/4/2013 to||Scottish Fire and Rescue Service|
1 Self Propelled Pump 1 Leading Fireman
1 Light Trailer Pump 9 Firemen
The South Western Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1957
2 Pump Appliances 1 Sub Officer
1 Leading Fireman
2 Water Tender Ladders 1 Station Officer
1 Sub Officer
2 Leading Firefighters
FIRE STATION VISIT
Members of the Town Council
visited the new fire station at Cumnock on Tuesday in company with SWAFB
chairman, Bailie M’Auley and Area Firemaster Mackay. The building was completed
in 15 months and cost £37,000. A full and interesting visit was rounded off by a
vote of thanks from Provost M’Turk after which the firemen entertained their
guests to a cup of tea.
(The Cumnock Chronicle, Friday, December 18, 1964. Page 3)
CUMNOCK FIRE STATION
21ST SEPTEMBER 2004
PLATFORM PARTY ASSEMBLES
Assistant Firemaster K. Small
(Commander – West Command)
FIREMASTER’S OPENING REMARKS
Firemaster B. P. Sweeney MA, DipEFEng, MIFireE
Councillor J. Lowe
Convener, Strathclyde Fire Board
RE-DEDICATION OF STATION
Reverend C. Anderson
Father J. Thomson
FIREMASTER’S CLOSING REMARKS
Firemaster B. P. Sweeney MA, DipEFEng, MIFireE
Original Fire Station was located at Tanyard Lane and the
station moved to their present location in 1964 with the official opening on the
15th December 1964. At the same time it was part of ‘A’ Division of
South Western Fire Brigade.
After a number of years service the future of the station was destined for change. This however did not occur and the decision was taken to utilise its location as a community safety centre and possible training venue for retained stations within the Command towards the end of 2001.
Cumnock Fire Station is the third retained fire station within this sector of West Command to undergo a major refurbishment as part of the Brigade’s station upgrading programme.
A consultation process involved all the relevant stakeholders including Command H Q, Station personnel and representative bodies.
The refurbishment work included the following provisions – extension to accommodate Community Safety Personnel, electrical rewire, new boiler plant and heating, new plumbing, dignified facilities, disabled access, kitchen, toilet and shower facilities upgrade, locker accommodation, drying facilities, fire and security alarm installation, internal and external redecoration, furniture replacement and ancillary works.
The contract was awarded to Daniel Campbell & Son, Strathaven who commenced the refurbishment works in November 2003 with completion in early May 2004. The station had to remain operational at all times during the contract.
Tonight’s ceremony represents the completion of another major project demonstrating the commitment of the Strathclyde Fire Board to the local community.
2000 Proposed that station to be upgraded to 1 pump wholetime and 1 pump retained.
September 2001 Station area is C risk and will not be upgraded to B risk therefore station will stay as 2 pump retained.
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX STRATHCLYDE INDEX