M24 KILLIN

1 Pump Retained.

Stations

? to ? Glenairlie
? to 1964 Lyon Road, KILLIN.
27/5/1964 to Main Street, KILLIN. FK21 8UH.             Photo

Firemasters

 

<1943 to 1951 Leading Fireman Tam Bickerton
8/3/1951 to 16/9/1976 Sub Officer Ian Fraser
20/10/1977 to 7/3/1990 Sub Officer Michael Grant
7/3/1990 to 10/9/1991 Leading Firefighter Lester Mitchell (no Sub in this period)
10/9/1991 to Sub Officer Iain Campbell

 

Appliances

1951 DES585 Commer QX/Whitson WrT(A)
  DGS124 Commer QX/Whitson WrT(A)
1970 SES286J Dodge K850/HCB Angus WrT
  XLS279T Dodge G1313/Fulton and Wylie WrT
1990 WMS254Y Dodge G1313/Fulton and Wylie WrL
  C873XLS Dodge G1313/Fulton and Wylie WrL
1998 P481CMS Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One WrL
2013 Aug SN09BWD Volvo WrL

 

Brigades

1941 to 1948 National Fire Service
1948 to 1975 Perth and Kinross Fire Brigade
1975 to 1996 Central Region Fire Brigade
1996 to 2004 Central Scotland Fire Brigade
17/9/2004 to 2013 Central Scotland Fire and Rescue Service
1/4/2013 Scottish Fire and Rescue Service

 

Notes

 

The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948

  Equipment Retained
  1 Standard Towing Unit towing Light Trailer Pump 1 Leading Fireman
    5 Firemen

 

The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1952

  Equipment Retained
  1 Pump Appliance 1 Leading Fireman
    5 Firemen

 

Establishment 2000

 

 

Equipment

Retained

 

1 Water Tender Ladder

1 Sub Officer

 

                                                          

2 Leading Firefighters

 

                                                                                                      

7 Firefighters

 

Station Officers were in charge of retained stations until 1975 when the new Central Region Fire Brigade decided they didnít want Retained Station Officers and all new Officers in Charge had the rank of Sub Officer. Existing Station Officers retained the rank until they retired.

26/1/2016 was Station S7, New National Call Sign is M24.

 

Killinís New Fire Station Opened

Fulfilling his first public engagement since being appointed a county councillor, Mr. James C. MacNab, Yr of MacNab, officially opened the new fire station at Killin on Wednesday evening. It is the 10th new station to be built by Perth and Kinross Joint Fire Committee.
Mr. MacNab, Mr. A.D.C. Main, chairman of the committee, and ex-Bailie W. H. Baxter, vice chairman, were received by Firemaster A. Masson, prior to the inspection of the guard of honour formed by the members of the Killin retained unit.
In his introductory remarks Mr. Main said that human carelessness was the chief cause of the ever increasing fire loss in the country today.
Mr MacNab declared the building open by breaking the glass fronted switch of the station alarm bell. The fully manned Killen water tender immediately responded to this call and proceeded out of the station with fire bells ringing.
The chromium plated minature firemanís axe which Mr. MacNab used to break the glass was presented to him by Mr. Main as a memento of the occasion.
(Perthshire Advertiser, Saturday, 30 May, 1964. Page 9.)

 

 

If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.

 

Killin Fire Station WEB Site

MAIN INDEX                         1975 INDEX                         CENTRAL SCOTLAND INDEX