2 Pumps, 1 Aerial, 1 Foam Carrier Wholetime
|? to 1938||Cowan Street, KIRKCALDY.|
|20/4/1938||Dunnikier Road, KIRKCALDY. KY1 2RU Photo|
|1933 to August 1941||Firemaster James Y. L. Gilchrist (became Divisional Officer, Deputy FFC, NFS Eastern Area. (Daily Record 2/8/1941))|
|1948 onward||Fife Firemasters|
|1934||FG9026 and a 1916 vintage machine plus ?|
|1938||2 Engines and an Escape|
|B999MSF||Dodge G16/Fulton & Wylie/Simon SS263||HP|
|G583VNA||Renault S66 tractor unit with Com Fire Safety||PM|
|K479CSG||Renault S66 tractor unit with dropside trailer||FoC|
|P304YSH||Iveco-Ford Cargo MSM Engineering||FoC|
|P438GMS||Volvo FL6-14Excalibur BWK||WrL|
|W331SSX||Volvo FL6-18/Angloco/Bronto 32 MDT||ALP|
|W332SSX||Volvo FL6-18/Angloco/Bronto 32 MDT||ALP|
|W699RSX||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|SV51EVY||Scania 94D-260/Angloco/Bronto 32 MDT||ALP|
|SK03AHL||Volvo FL6H/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|SN56CVL||Volvo FL6H 220/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|SF10GVD||Volvo FLL/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|KY65OLW||Volvo FL/Emergency One||RPL|
|EY17YYP||Ford Ranger 4x4||Foam|
2017 EY17YYP carries drums of Foam.
Three preserved appliances are kept in the garages at Kirkcaldy:-
An 1864 Shand Mason Manual Pump ex St Andrews Fire Brigade
On loan to Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Preservation Group
A 1901 Merryweather Steamer ex St Andrews Fire Brigade On loan to Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Preservation Group
A 1934 Leyland Cub FK6 ex Melton Mobray Fire Brigade
W332SSX was sold and is now on the run with Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service at Mansfield Fire Station with a call sign of ET01A1 after a refurbishment in 2014. (February 2021)
|? to 1941||Kirkcaldy Fire Brigade|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||Fife Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 1985||Fife Fire Brigade|
|1985 to 31/3/2013||Fife Fire and Rescue Service|
|1/4/2013||Scottish Fire and Rescue Service|
Dunnikier Road station operational 15/1/1938, official opening 20/4/1938.
Retained disbanded 31/3/1976
5 wholetime and 10 Retained firemen
'C' Division Headquarters National Fire Service Eastern Force
1948 to 1972
Headquarters Fife Fire Brigade
The station was modernised and officially re-opened on 10th August 1990 by the Convener of Fife Regional Council, Robert Gough.
Kirkcaldy had a call sign of A3 in Fife Fire and Rescue Service, this was changed to N05, the new National Call Sign, when Thornton Control closed on 30/3/2016.
The Fife Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948
|1 Pump Escape||2 Company Officer||2 Leading Firemen|
|1 Turntable Ladder||2 Section Leaders||8 Firemen|
|1 Self propelled Pump||4 Leading Firemen|
|1 Towing Vehicle & Large Trailer Pump||21 Firemen|
|1 Water Tender & Light Trailer Pump||4 Firewomen|
|1 Emergency Tender|
|1 Hose Carrier|
1 Large Trailer Pump
2 Water Tender Ladders
4 Station Officers
1 Hydraulic Platform
4 Sub Officers
1 Foam Carrier
12 Leading Firefighters
The Staff are split over four watches (Red, Blue, Green and
White) working 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off.
Water Tenders are normally manned 5 and 4 and the Aerial is manned by 2.
£14,000 FIRE STATION OPEN
Kirkcaldys new fire station, which
has been erected at a cost of approximately £14,000, was formally opened
yesterday afternoon by Mr Alistair Spencer-Nairn, Balgeddie House, Leslie.
Later, a demonstration of firefighting and life-saving was given by Kirkcaldy
Fire Brigade, under Firemaster Gilchrist.
At a reception Provost Wilson said that when the new arrangements emerged and the Fire Brigade was raised to a position of importance, as it would be raised very shortly, it would be well equipped to take its place in satisfying the needs of the burgh and of a much wider community. The brigade was also ready to take its place in any duty which might fall to it under the air raid precautions scheme.
(The Scotsman, April 21, 1938, page 7)
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX FIRE FIRE & RESCUE INDEX SFRS EAST SDA STATIONS