2 Pumps, 1 Line Rescue Unit Wholetime.
1948? to 16/4/1982 North Street, Lochgelly
16/4/1982 Lumphinnans Road, LOCHGELLY. KY5 9AP Photo
1960s Station Officer James Clark
|GLT738||Austin K2/Home Office||ATV|
|MFG298G||Bedford TKEL/HCB Angus||ET or CU?|
|First||Second||Emergency Tender||Prime Mover||Line Rescue Unit|
The Prime Mover is now the Rescue Vehicle carrying USAR/HRV Pod in place of the Emergency Tender. (28/12/2009)
|BLS734V||Dodge G1313/Fulton and Wylie||ET|
|PSC683Y||Dodge G13c/HCB Angus||WrL|
|VFS112Y||Dodge G13c/HCB Angus||WrLR|
|J83CTS||Volvo FL6-14/Mountain Range||ET|
|J649USF||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|R493AMS||Volvo FL6-14 Emergency One||WrL|
|T410BSH||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|SK02SRV||Volvo FL6-14/Angloco (WrL)||Temp ET|
|SK04BJY||Volvo FL6H/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|WX54VVU||MAN TG-A 26-363 FDLRC 6x4 Marshall SV||PM for USAR Pod|
|SN56CVK||Volvo FL6H 220/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|SK07ETL||Volvo FM9/Multilift 6x2||PM|
|SF12KRV||Volvo FLL/Emergency One||WrL/R|
|ST61EWL||Ford Ranger XL 4x4||LRU|
|KN64RVL||Volvo FL/Emergency One||RPL|
|KV64XNA||Volvo FL/Emergency One||RPL|
|? to 1941||? Fire Brigade|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||Fife Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 1985||Fife Fire Brigade|
|1985 to 31/3/2013||Fife Fire and Rescue Service|
|1/4/2013 to||Scottish Fire and Rescue Service|
The Fife Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948
|1 Towing Vehicle & Large Trailer Pump||1 Leading Fireman|
|?||1 Sub Officer (WT)|
|1 Leading Firemen|
2 Water Tender Ladders
4 Station Officers
1 Emergency Tender
4 Sub Officers
12 Leading Firefighters
The Staff are split over four watches (Red, Blue, Green and
White) working 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off.
Water Tenders are normally manned 5 and 4 and the Emergency Tender is manned by 2.
The Brigade's Line Rescue Unit is based at Lochgelly. when a call is received requiring the Line Rescue Unit the ET and Ladder (First Appliance) go to the incident as the LRU members are on these two appliances.
Fire Committee Minute Books
FRC/11/1/2 PF99 7/4/1982
The Firemaster reported that the retained stations at North Street, Lochgelly and Union Street, Cowdenbeath were now surplus to the operational requirements of the service.
The wholetime station in Lumphinnans Road replaced Lochgelly and Cowdenbeath retained stations.
FIRE DRILL: the scene on
Friday at the official opening of Fifeís newest fire station in Lumphinnans
The £500,000 station which has been operational for several weeks, was opened, in the presence of a party of invited guests by Councillor W. Coull, chairman of Fife Regionalís Police and Fire Committee.
He described the development as a further step in the programme to provide first class, modern facilities for the Regionís Fire Brigade.
Fife Regional Council Convener, Councillor Robert Gough, presided and a prayer of dedication was given by the Rev. N. R. Macaskill.
There was a photo of crews lined up in front of 3 appliances.
(The Dunfermline Press. 23rd April, 1982. Page 15.)
Lochgelly had a call sign of A4 in Fife Fire and Rescue Service, this was changed to N02, the new National Call Sign, when Thornton Control closed on 30/3/2016.
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX FIFE FIRE & RESCUE INDEX