1 Pump, Retained.
? to 1961 Council Sheds, Links Avenue, CARNOUSTIE
27/6/1961 to 19 Kinloch Street, CARNOUSTIE DD7 7EG. Photo
? to 1962
Sub Officer Dave Middleton
1962 to 1964
Sub Officer Bert Mirrey
1964 to 1969
Sub Officer Dave Low
1969 to 1977
Sub Officer Neil Fairweather
1977 to ?
Sub Officer Alex Whyte
? to 1989
Sub Officer Brian Scott
|1989 to ?||Sub Officer Dave Christie|
|2022||Watch Commander Kinnear|
|1974||VYJ884N||Dodge K850/HCB Angus||WrL|
|1990||FSP932W||Dodge G1313/HCB Angus||WrL|
|1992||OSR257Y||Dodge G13/HCB Angus||WrL|
|?||E356JSN||Dodge G13/Mountain Range||WrL|
|1998||L512SSN||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|2007||M480WTS||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|2009||SP05BXV||Scania 94D-260/Emergency One||RP|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||Angus Area Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 7/6/2005||Tayside Fire Brigade|
|8/6/2005 to 2013||Tayside Fire and Rescue (Name change only)|
|1/4/2013||Scottish Fire and Rescue Service|
The Angus Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1958
Appliance 1 Sub Officer
1 Leading Fireman
Tender Ladder 1 Sub Officer
2 Leading Firefighters
This was A09 until 28/6/2004 when it became Station 9 and on ?/12/2015 it became P30 with the introduction of the new National Call Signs.
1949/50 Approved or under
construction, improvements to existing doorway of appliance room at Carnoustie
1958/59 Owing to a new housing development in Kinloch Street, the Local authority required the ground on which the Fire Station Muster Room was situated. We were required to vacate this building and are at present occupying a small cottage on a temporary basis. The erection of a new station in this area is under consideration.
1959/60 Fire station at Carnoustie consists of two old buildings and is situated in an area which has been redeveloped by the local Council. The committee approved the building of a new Station in 1959. Work on this project is now in the hands of the Architects and it is anticipated that erection will begin in the summer of 1960 and be completed later in the year.
1960/61 The new Station provided for Carnoustie was officially opened by the Provost of the Burgh, D. R. Paton, Esq., M.A., on 27th June, 1961. This station built at a cost of £5,250 is severely functional but offers a vast improvement in facilities for appliances, equipment, personnel and training over the previous accommodation.
Prior to the opening of the Station at 19 Kinloch Street on 27/6/1961 the equipment was kept in sheds further down Links Avenue belonging to Carnoustie Town Council.
As from June 1973 the personnel was increased to 12.(1 Sub O, 2 L/Fm and 9 Fm)
1959/60 Fire Station consists of two old buildings.
Fire station opened
Carnoustie’s new £5000 fire station
was formally opened last night.
Mr. W. S. Wilson, chairman of Angus Fire Area Joint Committee, presided at a short ceremony.
In declaring the station open Provost D. R. Paton expressed satisfaction at the harmony with which the committee and the Town Council had worked together.
He was sure the members of the unit would be proud of their new quarters and that it would be a new incentive to them.
The town owed a great debt to the retained firemen.
Firemaster John Jackson expressed thanks.
(Dundee Courier and Advertiser, Wednesday, June 28, 1961. Page 9.)
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX TAYSIDE INDEX SFRS NORTH SDA STATIONS