P21 PITLOCHRY

1 Rescue Pump Retained.

Stations

1897 to ? Under the Public Hall
? to 1957? West Lane  (Now public toilets, 2008)
1957? 16 Atholl Road, PITLOCHRY PH16 5BX.              Photo

Firemasters

 

? to ?

L/Fm E. B. Stewart

? to ?

L/Fm Hamish Millar (Ham)

? to ?

Sub O. Frank Fullarton

? to ?

Sub O. Ian Seaton (Jan)

? to March 2003

Sub O. David Saint (MBE)

March 2003 to 2007

Sub O. Ron Black

2007 to 2014

Watch Manager Ron Black

2014 to Watch Manager Alan Smith

 

Station Commanders

1999 to 2002

ADO Ian Jenkins

2002 to 2004

ADO Colin Hannigan

2004 to 2007

ADO Stewart Edgar

2007 to Station Manager Billy McLintock

 

Appliances

 

1897   Barrow  
1935   Hand Apparatus  
1939-45   Trailer Pump P

1954

GES997

Commer 45A/HCB

WrT

1961

SGS535

Land Rover 109/Perth & Kinross FB                      

ERT

1970

RGS959J

Dodge K850/HCB Angus

WrL

 

  First Rescue Unit
1973 RGS959J SGS535
1980 PSP347R YTS211T
1988 F272OSP F680MTS
1999 M483WTS F680MTS
2000 G824TSP F680MTS
2002 K38LES F680MTS
2005 K41LES F680MTS
2006 W638OSP none
2009 SP58CHD none

 

PSP347R Dodge K850/HCB Angus WrL
YTS211T Dodge/TFB RU
F272OSP Renault G13c/Mountain Range WrL
F680MTS Mercedes 608/TFB RU
G824TSP Volvo FL6-14/Excalibur WrL
K38LES Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One WrL
K41OSP Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One WrL
M483WTS Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One WrL
W638OSP Scania 94D-260/Emergency One RP
SP58CHD Scania P270/JDC RP

 

 

Brigades

1941 to 1948 National Fire Service
1948 to 1975 Perth and Kinross Fire Brigade
1975 to 7/6/2005 Tayside Fire Brigade
8/6/2005 to 2013 Tayside Fire and Rescue (Name change only)
1/4/2013 Scottish Fire and Rescue Service

 

Notes

 

The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948

 

                Equipment                                                                                             Retained

                1 Standard Towing Unit with Light Pump mounted                       1 Section Leader
                1 Large Trailer Pump                                                                            1 Leading Fireman
                1 Pump Escape                                                                                     14 Firemen

 

The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1952

 

                Equipment                                                                                             Retained

                2 Pump Appliances                                                                              1 Section Leader
                                                                                                                                2 Leading Firemen
                                                                                                                                13 Firemen

 

Establishment 2000

 

                Equipment                                                                                             Retained

                1 Water Tender Ladder                                                                       1 Sub Officer
                1 Road Rescue Unit                                                                             2 Leading Firefighters
                                                                                                                                12 Firefighters
 

Establishment 2008

 

                Equipment                                                                                             Retained

                1 Rescue Pump                                                                                     1 Watch Manager
                                                                                                                                2 Crew Managers
                                                                                                                                9 Firefighters
 

 

This was B07 until 28/6/2004 when it became Station 27 and on ?/12/2015 it became P21 with the introduction of the new National Call Signs.

 

Pitlochry had hand apparatus at a fire at Messrs A & J Macnaughton, woolen manufacturers. (Daily Express 7/6/1935)

Fire Brigade: In 1897, complaint was made that there was a public hose but no organised method by which it could be brought into use when required. The original fire station was situated under the Public Hall, where the helmets and axes were hung on pegs. The equipment consisted of a barrow with tool box and lengths of hose, but no pump. The firemen have always been part time only and are called from their work when a fire occurs. During the 1939-45 war, they formed part of the Auxiliary Fire Service and were issued with a trailer pump. They now form a unit of the National Fire Service and have modern equipment and vehicle. The fire station was in West Lane until 1957.
(Page 21, part of a foolscap document “Pitlochry History” in the A.K. Bell Library, Perth.)

Station was extended in 1980 to house a Rescue Tender. This extension was Officially Opened in August 1980 by Councillor C. Roland  Vann, Convener of the Fire Sub Committee.

December 2003 New Years Honours list. M.B.E awarded to Retired Sub Officer David Saint of Pitlochry for 31 years service as a retained firefighter. He dedicated his M.B.E. to his fellow firefighters in Pitlochry.

On the 8th May 2006 the Water Tender Ladder and the Rescue Unit were replaced by a Rescue Pump.

 

 

If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.

 

MAIN INDEX                         1975 INDEX                         TAYSIDE INDEX