1 Pump, Retained.
? to 21/7/1971 Mill Street, ALYTH.
21/7/1971 Airlie Street, ALYTH PH11 8EJ. Photo
|1962||Sub Officer C. Kilgour|
|1971||Sub Officer Maxwell|
|1981 to 2012||Sub Officer John Taylor|
|2012 to 2013||Watch Manager McDonald|
|2013 to 2013||Temporary Watch Manager Alan Ramsay|
|2014 to||Watch Manager Graham Davidson|
|1955||GLT568||Austin K2/Home Office||ATV|
|1973||YGS529M||Dodge K850/HCB Angus||WrL|
|1990||OSR256Y||Dodge G13c/HCB Angus||WrL|
|1998||H857YSR||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|2001||R445TSL||Volvo FL6-14/Emergency One||WrL|
|2010||W638OSP||Scania 94D-260/Excalibur/Emergency One||RP|
|1941 to 1948||National Fire Service|
|1948 to 1975||Perth and Kinross Fire Brigade|
|1975 to 7/6/2013||Tayside Fire Brigade|
|8/6/2005 to 2013||Tayside Fire and Rescue (Name change only)|
|1/4/2013||Scottish Fire and Rescue Service|
Provost G Beats will open Alyth's new fire station this evening.
former station in Mill Street, the new station has been provided at a cost of
£9,000 by the conversion of an existing building in Airlie Street. It is a
single bay station, with garaging for one appliance, muster bay, lecture room,
kitchen, work room, drying room, office and stores plus a large practice yard.
Also taking part in this evening's opening will be county councillor M. J. Kidd, chairman of Perth and Kinross Fire Committee, and Hon. Treasurer A. U. Cross, Perth, vice chairman of the committee.
(Perthshire Advertiser, Wednesday, July 21, 1971. Page 1.)
New station at Alyth
The new fire
station at Alyth, a popular tourist resort in the eastern district of Perthshire,
was formally opened by Provost George P. Beats before an assembly of about 100
guests, reports Firemaster A. Masson, Perth and Kinross Fire Brigade.
The building, which was formerly used by an agricultural company is situated in Airlie Street, the principal thoroughfare of Alyth, and is the 14th new station provided by the fire authority.
The Provost was accompanied at the ceremony by Mr. Kidd, chairman of the Joint Fire Committee, Mr. Cross, the vice chairman, and Firemaster Masson.
During the ceremony Long Service and Good Conduct medals were presented to Sub Officer Alexander Dow, Coupar Angus, and Fireman William Whitton, Pitlochry.
(Fire magazine, October, 1971 page 243.)
The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1948
1 Standard Towing Unit with Light Pump
mounted 1 Leading Fireman
1 Large Trailer Pump 9 Firemen
The Perth and Kinross Fire Area Administration Scheme Order, 1952
2 Leading Firemen
1 Water Tender
? Leading Firefighters
At some point the right hand side of the building from the ridge only has been extended to make the bay longer.
Brigade looking for site for a new fire station. (present station is in the
Burgh Yard, Alyth)
(Perth and Kinross Joint Fire Committee Meeting 2/9/1968)
Ground purchased Airlie Street, Alyth.
(Perth and Kinross Joint Fire Committee Meeting 10/10/1969)
This was B11 until 28/6/2004 when it became Station 31 and on ?/12/2015 it became P25 with the introduction of the new National Call Signs.
If you know of any mistakes in this or have any additional information please let me know.
MAIN INDEX 1975 INDEX TAYSIDE INDEX