ANGUS AREA FIRE BRIGADE
The Angus Area Fire Brigade came into operation on the 16th May, 1948 under the Fire Services Act,1947 covering the county of Angus, the burgh of Arbroath and the county and city of Dundee. The Joint Fire Authority consisted of eighteen members, comprising nine members from the city and county of Dundee, six representatives from the county of Angus and three members from the large burgh of Arbroath. The Brigade continued until Regionalisation on 16th May, 1975 when it became part of the new Tayside Fire Brigade.
1948 to 1970
West Bell Street, DUNDEE
1970 to 1975 Blackness Road, DUNDEE
1947 to 1961 Firemaster J.
Gibson OBE QFSM
1961 to 1968 Firemaster John Jackson OBE MIFireE
1968 to 1975 Firemaster A. Jones OBE FIFireE
|Dundee Central||WT||Replacement Station 14/5/1970||Blackness Road, Dundee||WT|
|Dundee Northern||WT||Dundee Northern||WT|
|Broughty Ferry||WT||Broughty Ferry||WT|
|New Station 1972||Kingsway East, Dundee||WT|
In 1948 Broughty Ferry was staffed by men from Dundee Northern.
MAIN INDEX 1948 INDEX